Department: Children and Families | Supervisory Responsibility: No | Reports To: Center Director | Salary Range: $11.00-$15.00 hourly
Function: Plan and implement teacher activities and total program for infant and toddler classroom; to work collaboratively with teaching team and with parents and the community.
Qualifications: Minimum of Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA). Preferably an Associate of Arts or Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development with experience working with infants/toddlers in a childcare environment and some knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in orientation, pre-service, and in-service training, parent meetings and all staff functions.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate small group and individual activities for children in a classroom setting.
- Supervise infant/toddler play activities.
- Record daily attendance of children for nutritional purposes and record keeping requirements.
- Interact positively with infants and toddlers and their families.
- Stimulate infants and toddlers in moving toward independence.
- Maintain quality environments for young children, including sanitation of toys, materials, etc. in accordance with childcare guidelines.
- Maintain all sanitation and facility licensing requirements at all times.
- Work cooperatively with parents, staff, volunteers, and the community.
- Develop and implement daily schedule and individualized lesson plans.
- Assess each child, according to program policies, by following procedures for ongoing observation and assessment, recording and evaluation for the purpose of planning activities to meet individual needs.
- Make home visits and conduct parent conferences at least two (2) times per year and assist family with referrals and resources.
- Work cooperatively with agency staff, parents, volunteers, and community to foster coordinated and integrated program operations.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records and reports including attendance reports.
- Follow routine schedule of housekeeping duties in classroom and center.
- Complete a professional development plan and maintain and update all certifications, credentials, and other trainings as required.
- Learn and adhere to state observation instruments (ITERS).
- Learn and adhere to Head Start Performance Standards, North Carolina licensing requirements, and the guidelines of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Maintain all sanitation and facility licensing requirements at all times.
- In addition to pre-service training, complete annually 25 clock hours of training related to the field of early childhood education.
- Participate in training an other activities relevant to the job.
- Support and interpret WAGES objectives, goals, and concepts, and WAGES mission and programs.
- Maintain cleanliness in classroom/centers by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and disposing of trash as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of children playgrounds by conducting playground checks as assigned. Cleanliness entails picking up and removing debris, sweeping, raking, and placement of playground materials.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Center Director.
- Participate in parent committee meetings.
- Maintain program policies.
- Develop positive working relationships with team members and staff.
- Demonstrate productivity and efficiency.
- Interact with vendors and staff in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Ability to work with children and the economically disadvantaged.
- Ability to assist in record keeping duties.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must have current annual physical including Tuberculin test or chest x-ray and current criminal background qualifying letter.
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to walk extended periods throughout the day for monitoring.
- Mental and visual concentration required for preparing and analyzing data using a computer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org