This is a limited position (1 year)
Department: Community Service Block Grant | Supervisory Responsibility: No
Reports to: CSBG Program Director | Salary Range: $12.00-$13.85 hourly
Function: The Emergency Case Manager will assist with planning, implementing, and coordinating the Emergency COVID-19 Project for WAGES; monitor progress of all participants enrolled in the project and to provide intensive, individualized case management to participants designed to assist them in achieving a sense of normalcy.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Counseling, or Human Services field with at least three (3) years of progressive experience working with economically disadvantaged families.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing quarterly and year-end reports as required by the Office of Economic Opportunity.
- Recruit individuals to participate in the Emergency COVID-19 Project.
- Perform case management for families that are enrolled in the Emergency COVID-19 Project.
- Assist in providing a comprehensive program orientation to all eligible participants; provide support in the development of individualized case goal-planning agreements.
- Serve as liaison with other public agencies and the private sector to assist participants in achieving the goal of the project.
- Prepare and maintain written reports that demonstrate outcome measures in compliance with state, federal, and local requirements as requested by supervisor.
- Maintain a systematic tool for filing information on all program participants enrolled in the Emergency COVID-19 Project.
- Monitor the progress of all program participants on designated case loads.
- Document goal plans for all participants and maintain current documentation of progress for all participants.
- Provide services to CSBG participants based on ROMA and OEO guidelines.
- Organize CSBG family services meetings and training sessions as scheduled and announced.
- Provide intensive support services to enrolled participants to assure that support is being offered to enrolled program participants.
- Work cooperatively with agency staff, parents, volunteers, and community to foster coordinated and integrated program operations.
- Assist in providing training opportunities that focus on COVID-19 to program participants.
- Partner with outside job sites to link participants to employment opportunities and provide support to them to facilitate success.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with JobLink/employers and other agencies to develop a network of employment opportunities for program participants.
- Participate in ongoing training and other activities relevant to the job.
- Support the WAGES philosophy and mission.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CSBG Program Director.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide empathic services
- Ability to relate to families served, good problem-solving skills
- Willingness and comfort in providing home visitation services
- Valid driver’s license
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to walk extended periods throughout the day for monitoring.
- Mental and visual concentration required for preparing and analyzing data using a computer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org