Department: Support Services | Supervisory Responsibility: No | Reports to: Food Services Manager| Salary: $10.00-$12.00 hourly
Function: Perform duties related to food preparation and sanitation. This would involve food prepping, cooking, packing in food carriers, record keeping, and clean-up and dishwashing as needed.
Qualifications: Minimum of High School Diploma or GED with training in commercial kitchen equipment along with experience in the food service field to include all phases of food service program, record keeping, and temperature controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the kitchen; assist with other kitchen staff to ensure proper food preparation and delivery.
- Assist in daily food preparation.
- Assist with record of food temperatures and times food is cooked and ready for delivery.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation rules.
- Keep accurate records of meals served for Nutrition Program, Head Start program, and additional markets.
- Ensure meal count with accurate serving measurements is followed for all applicable programs.
- Assist with dishwashing duties and general kitchen cleaning following proper sanitation standards.
- Work cooperatively with other food service staff to maintain a Grade A kitchen and quality food service operation.
- Interpret and support WAGES mission and progress in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain program policies and procedures
- Develop positive working relationships with team members and staff
- Demonstrate productivity and efficiency
- Interact with vendors and staff in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner
- Ability to multi-task, effective time management and organizational management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to read and follow standard recipes
- Must be able to work in extreme heat at times
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com