Department: Children and Families | Supervisory Responsibility: No | Reports To: Center Director & Teacher | Salary Range: $10.00-$13.00 hourly
Function: Assist classroom teaching staff with planning and implementing daily activities and work collaboratively with the teaching team to assist parents of enrolled children.
Qualifications: Minimum of NC Child Care Credential I and II. Within two (2) years of hire, MUST obtain Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential with Infant/Toddler emphasis and Preschool CDA. Preferably a current Head Start parent or childcare provider who is familiar with Head Start.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be accessible to all centers as needed upon request by Center Director, Assistant Center Director, Center Lead Teacher, or other supervisory staff.
- Participate in orientation, pre-service and in-service training and all staff functions.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily activities and programs for children in a classroom setting.
- Help each child develop a positive self-image and relationship of trust.
- Participate in ongoing observations of children for planning activities to suit individual needs.
- Learn and adhere to the Head Start Performance Standards, North Carolina licensing requirements, and the guidelines of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Learn and adhere to state and federal observation instruments (ITERS, ECERS, CLASS).
- Work closely with agency staff, parents, volunteers, and community to foster coordinated and integrated program operations.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports to include attendance.
- Participate in parent committee meetings.
- Follow routine schedule of housekeeping duties in classroom and center.
- Become the acting Teacher Assistant in the absence of the Teacher Assistant.
- Assist the Center Director with career development plans and follow-up plans; maintain and update all certifications, credentials, or other training as required.
- In addition to pre-service training, complete annually 25 clock hours of training related to the field of early childhood education.
- Participate in training and other activities relevant to the job.
- Support and interpret Head Start/Early Head Start objectives, goals, concepts, and WAGES mission and programs to children, parents, and community.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the teacher.
- Flexible work hours and center placement.
- Record all CACFP meals at point-of-service.
- Participate in training an other activities relevant to the job.
- Support and interpret WAGES objectives, goals, and concepts, and WAGES mission and programs.
- Maintain cleanliness in classroom/centers by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and disposing of trash as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of children playgrounds by conducting playground checks as assigned. Cleanliness entails picking up and removing debris, sweeping, raking, and placement of playground materials.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Interested in working with children and the economically disadvantaged
- Able to assist in record keeping duties
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to obtain CDL (if required); able to maintain confidentiality
- Must comply with ALL Head Start Program Performance Standards and the state of North Carolina regulations regarding employment.
- Develop positive working relationships with team members and staff.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate productivity and efficiency.
- Interact with parents and staff in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to walk extended periods throughout the day for monitoring.
- Mental and visual concentration required for preparing and analyzing data using a computer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com