Department: Support Services | Supervisory Responsibility: No | Reports To: Food Services Manager | Salary: $9.00-$11.00 hourly
Function: Perform duties related to general kitchen work and transport food from the preparation site to assigned centers and nutrition sites.
Qualifications: Minimum of High School Diploma or GED with training in commercial kitchen equipment along with experience in the food service field to include all phases of food service program, record keeping, and temperature controls. Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the kitchen; assist with other kitchen staff to ensure proper food preparation and delivery.
- Assist with inventory and stocking of shelves and coolers.
- Transport food from preparation site to assigned sites in a timely manner.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation rules.
- Ensure careful handling of food delivery to make certain that food is delivered as required.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of delivery vehicles.
- Work cooperatively with other food service staff to maintain a Grade A kitchen and quality food service operation.
- Participate in ongoing training and other activities relevant to the job.
- Interpret and support WAGES mission and progress in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain programs policies and procedures.
- Develop positive working relationships with team members and staff.
- Demonstrate productivity and efficiency.
- Interact with vendors and staff in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Ability to multi-task, effective time management, and organizational management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to read and receive food deliveries.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat at times.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org