Department: Facilities| Supervisory Responsibility: No | Reports to: Operations Director | Salary Range: $26,676-$41,610 annually
Function: The Maintenance/Facilities Technician position will assist with general maintenance services for the Agency’s facilities to ensure safety.
Qualifications: Minimum of a High School Diploma with some college coursework in technical training in general repairs in building maintenance with at least three (3) years of progressive experience in general maintenance and repair.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintenance and repairs as necessary of small appliances, toys, and other items at WAGES sites.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs as necessary of electrical and plumbing facilities at WAGES sites.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs as necessary of heating/air conditioning facilities at WAGES sites.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining supplies and tools needed for an effective and efficient job.
- Work with all centers to maintain facilities for meeting licensing standards/requirements.
- Assist with performance of minor repairs to facilities to maintain licensing standards and best appearance possible. When necessary, solicit prices from qualified vendors to perform needed repairs that cannot be completed by maintenance staff. (Minor repairs include such things as touchup painting, painting rooms in summer when school is not in session, replacing broken windowpanes, repairing loose boards, exposed nails, etc.)
- Monitor floors in all locations and follow-up to see that maintenance is being performed as needed.
- Monitor grass cutting at all locations and follow-up to see that service is being received in a timely manner.
- Monitor delivery of supplies to centers to ensure that service is taking place in a timely manner.
- Assist with delivery of food to various locations when kitchen is short of help and needs assistance.
- Participate in training as required or recommended by WAGES.
- Support and interpret the WAGES mission and goals in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
Performance Dimensions: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment. Valid driver’s license.
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout facilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. at times.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stretch, climb, and crawl to maintain equipment and buildings.
- Must be able to perform work in a variety of weather conditions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com