Department: Children and Families | Supervisory Responsibility: No | Reports To: Center Director | Salary Range: $16.00-$23.00 hourly
Function: To plan and implement teaching activities and the total program for a class of children; to work collaboratively with teaching team; to work with parents and the community.
Qualifications: Minimum of a BA/BS or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or relate field with experience teaching preschool-age children; and a North Carolina birth through kindergarten (B-K) from an accredited college or university. Also, at least three (3) years of experience in early childhood education or child development and/or experience working in a day care or preschool classroom.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in orientation, pre-service, in-service, staff development functions, and educational opportunities.
- Plan and implement daily program and educational curriculum.
- Help each child to develop positive self-image and relationship of trust.
- Assess each child, according to program policies, by following procedures for ongoing observation, recording, and evaluation for the purpose of planning activities to suit individual needs.
- Visit the home of each child a minimum of two (2) times per year and conduct two (2) parent-teacher conferences per year.
- Plan and implement, in cooperation with other staff, family support groups and family involvement activities; attend and assist in conducting trainings for families during parent committee meetings.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to the classroom, children, parents, and volunteers including inventory of facilities and supplies and attendance.
- Ensure that all licensing and emergency procedures are posted and implemented properly (i.e., tornado drills, fire drills, fire evacuation route, medical and dental emergencies, safe arrival and departure, and other emergency procedures).
- Assist with health service and health education of children and families.
- Work cooperatively with agency staff, parents, volunteers, and community to foster coordinated and integrated program operations.
- Ensure that classroom volunteers’ activities are planned and coordinated.
- Participate in monthly quality control reviews.
- Learn and adhere to Head Start Performance Standards, NC Pre-K State Guidelines, North Carolina licensing requirements, and the guidelines of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Learn and adhere to state and federal observation instruments (ITERS and CLASS). Complete a professional development plan and maintain and update all certifications, credentials, and other trainings as required.
- Complete annually 25 contact hours of training related to the field of early childhood education; pre-service training hours are included in obtaining total hours needed.
- Maintain cleanliness in classrooms/centers by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and disposing of trash as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of children playgrounds by conducting playground checks as assigned. Cleanliness entails picking up debris, sweeping, raking, and placement of playground materials.
- Support and interpret Head Start objectives, concepts, goals, and WAGES mission and programs.
- Participate in training or other activities related to the job.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Center Director.
- Ability to work with staff, parents, children, and volunteers.
- Ability to keep timely and accurate records.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must maintain confidentiality of records and communications.
- Must have current annual physical including Tuberculin test or chest x-ray and current criminal background qualifying letter.
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop.
- Must be able to walk extended periods throughout the day for monitoring.
- Mental and visual concentration required for preparing and analyzing data using a computer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org