Department: Operations | Supervisory Responsibility: Yes | Reports to: Operations Director | Salary Range: $54,000-$74,000 annually
Function: This position manages the day-to-day operations of the Weatherization program; ensures all program outcomes of reducing residential energy usage by low-income families are met; responsible for grant planning and administration; program development; executing plans; and ensuring compliance of all regulatory measures. The Weatherization director performs all work in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, including safety and health, and funding source regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least two (2) years of housing experience. Project management, personnel supervision, and budget management experience is preferred. Must be able to attain (within one year of hire) any technical training and/or certificates required by funding sources or agency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages Weatherization related projects; adheres to grantor’s and organizational policies, requirements, and procedures.
- Ensures contractual and project outcomes are achieved or exceeded.
- Manages and provides consumer services.
- Prepares and/or reviews proposals, agreements, budgets, revisions, reports, surveys, purchase documents, correspondence, and other project requirements; ensures requirements are identified on the Requirements Log; ensures deadlines are met.
- Develops and maintains project policies and procedures; ensures tracking systems meet project needs.
- Investigates complaints and processes appeals; documents outcomes; detects, prevents, and deters fraud.
- Ensures project and organizational information systems are current and accurate; trains staff on use of these systems.
- Prepares purchase of service proposals; analyzes and recommends vendors; ensures vendor’s contracts are timely negotiated and executed.
- Ensures and documents vendor contract compliance.
- Creates, tests, and maintains project internal controls.
- Responsible for project collaboration, coordination, public relations, and right-to-know requests.
- Responsible for risk management reporting; recommends solutions; assists with risk mitigation.
- Manages staff; makes hire and fire recommendations.
- Attends trainings and meetings; travel required.
Performance Dimensions: Enthusiastic, self-starter, quick learner; analytical thinker; problem solver; resourceful and innovative; detail oriented; organized; capable of independent work; must demonstrate common sense; excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, the following computer skills and knowledge are required: computer literate (refers to the ability to use software applications); Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Windows operating system, and database data entry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Maintain acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Maintain acceptable criminal record report, and other acceptable clearance required, and negative drug and alcohol screenings.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org