Head Start Enrollment
Now Accepting Applications for the 2021-2022
Applications are being accepted Monday-Friday
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
WAGES offers quality early childhood education and other services for eligible families of children age birth to five at NO COST. Our programs serve children of all abilities, including those with special needs.
- Royall Avenue Center (601 Royall Ave., Goldsboro, 919-734-1178)
- Carver Center (612 S. Breazeale Ave., Mt. Olive, 919-658-9291)
- Chestnut Center (505 E. Chestnut St., Goldsboro, 919-736-4102)
- Belfast Center (3100 US Hwy 117 N., Goldsboro, 919-288-1072)
- Bryan Sutton Child Development Center (507 Royall Ave., Goldsboro, 919-734-6411)
- WAGES Buck Swamp Center (445 Buck Swamp Rd., Goldsboro, 919-735-2387)
- Herman Center (801 N. Herman St., Goldsboro, 919-736-4577)
- Stephen & Susan Parr Family Learning Center (919-658-9291, currently being served at the Carver site)
- Fairview Center (1906 E. Edgerton St., Goldsboro, 919-947-0410)
Applications may be taken over the phone.
Enrolled Families Receive:
- Safe, nurturing environments
- Health and dental screenings
- Research based curriculum
- Degreed teachers
- Opportunities for family involvement
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Convenient hours
- Family engagement activities
Please bring the following items with you:
- Your child’s birth certificate, Income verification for the past 12 months, verification of child’s special needs (if applicable)
- Applications may still be taken without these documents
- For income verification we can accept W2, tax returns, original pay stubs, letter from employer, or letter from DSS.
- Limited transportation is provided.
You can now begin the application process online! In order to submit an online application for WAGES Head Start or Early Head Start programs, you MUST have a valid email address. If you do not have an email address at this time, or if you have submitted an application for a previous program year, please visit one of our centers to complete an application in person or you may print an application, complete and submit to our administrative office located at 601 Royall Ave, Goldsboro NC. If you would like to submit an application for NC Pre-K sites other than WAGES, please contact the Partnership for Children of Wayne County, 800 N William St, Goldsboro NC, (919)735-3371.
Para enviar una solicitud en línea para WAGES Head Start y Early Head Start, DEBE tener una dirección de correo electrónico válida. Si no tiene una dirección de correo electrónico en este momento, o si ha metido un solicitud para el año escolar previa, visite uno de nuestros centros para completar una solicitud en persona o puede imprimir una solicitud, completarla y entregarla a nuestra oficina administrativa ubicada en 601 Royall Ave, Goldsboro NC. Si desea presentar una solicitud para los sitios de NC Pre-K que no sean WAGES, comuníquese con la Asociación para los Niños del Condado de Wayne, 800 N William St, Goldsboro NC, (919) 735-3371.
To obtain a printable version of our enrollment applications click on one of the following links:
FOR CHILDREN BIRTH TO 4-YEARS OLD:
Spanish Preschool Application (PDF) (Solicitud Pre-Escolar del Condado de Wayne)
If you have questions, please call our office at (919) 734-1178, ext. 218 or 221.
WAGES is an equal opportunity employer and provider.